Inaugural Alpine Vintage & Classic Autoshow launches King's Birthday weekend
The inaugural Alpine Vintage & Classic Autoshow is coming to National Park Village on Saturday, 3 June 2023. Enter today!
Calling all car enthusiasts and motorheads! New Zealand's first annual Alpine Vintage & Classic Autoshow will launch this King's Birthday weekend.
The event will be held at National Park Village school grounds on the corner of Buddo and Carroll Streets - with the mountains of Tongariro National Park as a backdrop - on SATURDAY, 3 JUNE 2023.
Entry for vehicles is free in seven distinct categories, with BEST OF CLASS and BEST OF SHOW being awarded in each class:
The categories are:
- Veteran Vehicles (VET) - Motor vehicles constructed prior to 31 December 1918
- Vintage Vehicles (VV) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1919 and 31 December 1931
- Post Vintage Vehicles (PVV) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1932 and 31 December 1945
- Post War Vehicles (PWV) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1946 and 31 December 1960
- Post 1960 Vehicles (P60V) - Motor vehicles constructed between 1 January 1961 and 31 December 1980
- Post 1980 Vehicles (P80V) - Motor vehicles constructed on or after 1 January 1981, and at least 30 years old
- Custom Caravans - Any year, make or manufactured model designated as a caravan motor vehicle.
Those wishing to enter their vehicles in the show can request a no-fee entry application via email at [email protected]. All show entries must be received by Saturday, 27 May 2023.
Entrance is free for spectators and there will be plenty of fun activities for the whole family, including the awards presentation, a swap meet, raffles, coffee carts, food trucks and more!
Sunday, 4 June will be the rain day for the show.
Enter today to secure your place and be sure to book a place to stay soon.
While there’s plenty of accommodation in the area including in National Park Village, Raurimu and Whakapapa Village, with something to suit for all tastes and budgets along with great dining options, with it being King's Birthday weekend, it's best to book soon, so find a place to stay here.
Posted in Latest News on 02 May, 2023